- Leighton Offshore, Leighton Engineering and Leighton Engineering have successfully achieved Integrated Management System under multi-site certifications with extended certification scope from ABS Quality Evaluation.
- Leighton Offshore has been awarded a contract for the replacement of floating hoses on the SPM system operated by Qatar Gas.
- Leighton Offshore has been awarded a Pipeline Transportation and Installation contract in Indonesia.
- Leighton Offshore has been awarded additional work for Shell Bukom in Singapore valued around USD 34m, increasing Leighton’s contract value of the project to USD 77m and our overall contract value to USD 110m.
- Leighton Engineering Consultants Sdn Bhd (LEC) has been awarded a Lump Sum contract by Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd for design verification work for Sumandak Tepi Development Project, Detailed Engineering work for Baram BADP-B, Bekok A CCR Upgrade and Cendor Bridge Section 2 for Sapura Kencana.
- SAFETY FIRST: Leighton Offshore Achieves Over Two Years Operations Lost Time Injury Free (October 2011 – October 2013)
- Leighton Offshore launched the newest edition to the fleet, the Leighton MPV1 cable-lay vessel, at the Al Jazeera Port in Ras Khaimah.
- Milestone completion of 28” beachpull in Tanzania
- Leighton Offshore is awarded a 6 month contract extension to provide 24/7 operations, maintenance and intervention services
- Sealine first milestone achieved which was commencing manufacture of 60kms of 48" dia pipe in Ilva works in the South of Italy and the cutting of First Steel at the Lamprell's Fabrication Yard in Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates
- Shell Eastern Petroleum Pte Ltd has awarded Leighton Offshore contracts for early engineering works and initial mobilization and procurement for its Bukom SPM 48” Subsea Pipeline Repair project in Singapore
- Leighton Contractors in Australia has awarded Leighton Engineering a contract to design and carry out analysis of Seafastenings for caisson towing operations for the Gorgon Jetty Project in Western Australia
- Leighton Offshore has achieved a significant HSE milestone over 12 months without a lost time incident (LTI).
- Leighton Offshore has completed its Iraq Crude Oil Export Expansion Project (ICOEEP) Operations and Maintenance contract for client South Oil Company.
- Leighton Offshore launches a new brand identity showcasing a modern, competitive design concept for the offshore oil and gas market place.
- Leighton Offshore adds two new barges, Faulkner and Fu Xing, to its portfolio to meet the growing demands of its operations.
- Leighton Group announces organisational changes for its international operations to simplify the reporting structure. Leighton Offshore will be a stand-alone basis given the very clearly defined market in which it operates, reporting to Hamish Tyrwhitt, Managing Director Leighton Asia, India and Offshore.
- Leighton Offshore awarded US$733 million Iraq Crude Oil Export Facility Project to install three single point moorings (SPMs) and 120 kilometres of 48-inch pipelines in the Arabian Gulf, offshore Iraq. Middle East’s largest and most prominent SPM contract, the project marks the first major offshore project for Leighton in the region.
- Leighton International's offshore division awarded its first African project by the Tanzania Port Authority for the value of USD 66 million.
- Leighton India wins the Chenani-Nashri tunnel contract to build one of the longest road tunnels in Asia. The project involves the construction of a major road tunnel in Jammu, Northern India, worth approximately USD 500 million.
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group becomes a stand-alone business operating from Dubai. Leighton International relocates its head office from Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group awarded a QR 750 million water infrastructure project to connect two Qatari communities.
- The joint venture of Al Habtoor - Murray & Roberts awarded an AED 1.8 billion project to construct the St Regis Hotel and Residences on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi for the Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC)
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group awarded AED 1.4 billion project at Khalifa Port and Industrial Zone by the Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC).
- Leighton India signs a Project Alliance Agreement with Tata Realty and Infrastructure Limited (TRIL) for the delivery of the new Ramanujan IT Park in Chennai. The project is worth approximately USD 230 million.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd has awarded Leighton India a USD 50 million contract for the installation of a single point mooring (SPM) system on the east coast of India.
- Thiess Services Middle East, an Al Habtoor Leighton Group company, signs an AED 1.1 billion, 15 year waste management concession contract with the Abu Dhabi Government.
- Operational responsibility for Leighton International’s Indonesian activities is transferred to Leighton Asia to better align the geography of the market with the management of the Leighton Group’s operations in Asia.
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group signs a letter of intent for the AED 8.85 billion Dubai Pearl mixed-use development for Pearl Dubai FZ LLC.
- Al Habtoor - Murray and Roberts Joint Venture awarded AED 3 billion contract for the design and construction of the new Zayed University campus in Abu Dhabi.
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group awarded AED2.25 billion Al Bustan Complex in Abu Dhabi.
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group awarded AED1.2 billion Paris Sorbonne University project in Abu Dhabi.
- Leighton International awarded US$350 million expansion to MSJ coal mine in Indonesia.
- TDIC-Leighton awarded a series of new projects worth US$435 million for TDIC in Abu Dhabi.
- Leighton International wins US$720 million PRP2 pipeline project in India.
- Leighton signs agreement with Sardar Patel College in Engineering in India.
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group wins US$350 m building project in Abu Dhabi.
- Gulf Leighton signs long-term joint venture agreement with TDIC in Abu Dhabi.
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group wins US$650 million of new work in UAE.
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group wins US$290 million JW Marriott Hotel in Abu Dhabi.
- Leighton International merged its operations in the Arabian Gulf with Dubai-based Al Habtoor Engineering and acquired a 45% stake in the new entity – to be known as Al Habtoor - Leighton.
- Leighton International named as preferred contractor on a US$550 million highway in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates known as the Saadiyat Link.
- Awarded two new mining projects in Indonesia worth a total of almost US$700 million.
- Leighton Asia (Southern) changes its name to Leighton International Limited to better reflect its geographic areas of operations.
- Formed a joint venture in India with leading developer Emaar MGF Land Pvt Ltd, in a deal worth US$1.25 billion over the next five years.
- Awarded City of Arabia project, Leighton Asia's first project in Dubai.
- Awarded Al Shaqab Equestrian Academy project in Qatar, Leighton Asia's first project in the Gulf Region.
- Opened new offices in Delhi and Chennai.
- Secured major project for Nokia in Chennai, India.
- Opened new offices in Mumbai and Dubai.
- Launched new website.
- Secured new power station project in Sri Lanka.
- Awarded Rawang-Ipoh rail project in Malaysia.
- Secured MSJ, GHP and MPE coal mine projects in Indonesia.
- Awarded first project in Irian Jaya.
- Awarded various contracts as part of Tangguh LNG project in Indonesia.
- Awarded power station project in Sri Lanka.
- Set a new company record by reaching 18 million man-hours without a lost-time injury on the Teachers' Housing project in Malaysia.
- Secured largest project to date - the RM908 million Kuala Lumpur - Putrajaya Highway in Malaysia.
- Awarded World Safety Organisation concerned company award for outstanding safety performance in Malaysia.
- Achieved OHSAS18001 health and safety accreditation in Indonesia.
- Leighton Asia restructures, creating two separate operating entities: Leighton Asia (Northern), Leighton Asia (Southern), with David Savage as Managing Director*.
- Secured first project in Sri Lanka – the Muthurajawela Tank Farm project*.
- Opened new divisional office in Singapore*.
- Achieved OHSAS18001 health and safety certification in Indonesia and OHSAS14001 environmental certification in the Philippines.
- Commenced work on Taiwan High Speed Rail project.
- Achieved OHSAS18001 health and safety accreditation in Philippines.
- Leighton Asia website launched.
- Awarded HK$1 billion Light Rail project in Hong Kong.
- Awarded first major telecommunications project, in Malaysia*.
- Win cement silo project in Singapore, our first project there since 1993*.
- Awarded rail double-tracking project in Indonesia – Leighton Asia's first non-mining project in the country since acquiring John Holland*.
- Australian International School awarded Hong Kong Institute of Architects 2001 Medal of the Year in recognition of excellence in architecture.
- Thai Leighton wins Special Project Award by the Australian Thai Chamber of Commerce for its outstanding work on the GE Plastics Compounding Facility at Rayong.
- Leighton Asia celebrates 25th anniversary.
- Malaysia wins A$600 million work in first six months, including Teachers' Housing project in Malaysia – the company's largest project to date*.
- Achieve ISO14001 environmental certification in the Philippines.
- Leighton Asia acquires John Holland's Indonesian operations and a John Holland rail project in Thailand*.
- Achieve ISO18001 health and safety certification in Malaysia, the first construction company in Malaysia to do so*.
- Admitted to the Hong Kong Housing Authority's Premier League.
- Achieve ISO14001 environmental certification in Hong Kong.
- Win Australian Chamber of Commerce Environmental Award.
- Win Hong Kong Airport Authority's top safety award for all contractors involved in the construction of Chek Lap Kok airport.
- Obtain ISO9001 certification for Philippines quality management system.
- Awarded two major rail contracts in Hong Kong for MTR and KCR.
- Achieve ISO9001 quality certification in Malaysia*.
- Win Business Asia award for best large business activity and best service activity.
- Win AustCham Australian Business Excellence award.
- Commence A$100 million Rockwell Centre project in Manila.
- Asian crisis hits. Leighton survives relatively unscathed.
- Jump-form construction technique introduced on Fanling housing project in Hong Kong.
- First mining contracts secured in Malaysia and Philippines*.
- Win Business Asia award for best service activity.
- Achieved ISO9001 for all Hong Kong operations.
- Open Manila and Ho Chi Minh City offices.
- Commence Saigon Metropolitan Tower project in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Secure Aviation Fuel Supply Facility at Chek Lap Kok worth HK$1.2 billion.
- Establish Hanoi office and Australian Embassy project commences there. Laos office opens in Vientiane.
- Obtains ISO9002 certification for Hong Kong building.
- Route 3 Advance Earthworks project commences – at the time the largest project undertaken by Leighton Asia on its own.
- Muang Thong Bangna residential development starts in Thailand.
- First Thailand project – THB280 million Burli Jucker House.
- Mobil Oil fuels terminal site preparation commences at Tsing Yi, Hong Kong.
- John Faulkner joins as managing director.
- Bangkok office opens.
- First major non-residential building contract – HK Polytechnic.
- Move to Hopewell Centre. Won Light Rail Transit system project and first Hong Kong Housing Authority project at Ka Tin Court.
- Work starts on Ap Lei Chau and Kohima Barracks contracts. Kuala Lumpur office opened.
- John Hamilton becomes managing director.
- Win first contract – the HK$53 million Tuen Mun site formation.
- Obtain the Hong Kong Registered Building Contractor Certificate with the Hong Kong Government.
- Leighton Asia established in Hong Kong by Harry Chariton.
* Events relating specifically to Leighton International/Leighton Asia (Southern)